Dr. Hung's involvement with Diversity and Leadership
Dr. Hung is part of the American Dental Association’s Institute for Diversity in Leadership Program, Class 2019-2020. She is an advocate of women leadership in dentistry and surgery, and founded the Morning Glory Women Dentists Network of New Jersey as well as the Facebook group “The Talented Dentists”. She enjoys writing posts, blogs and articles on various practice management and clinical topics. She is currently a guest writer for American Dental Association’s New Dentist Now blog and Dental Practice Success column. She was recently honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award as one of the “World’s Top 100 Doctors” by the Global Summit Institute for her work in cultural competency and woman leadership. She is also part of Forbes Women Forum and Rebecca Minkoff’s Female Founder Collective. She is currently working on her second book, "Behind the Scalpel: practical guide and stories by women oral and maxillofacial surgeons". This book is her ADA project to encourage more women to consider surgical specialty due to the gender disparity in the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Dr. Hung's educational credentials
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a minor in music from the University of California, Berkeley
- Doctor of dental surgery (DDS) from Columbia University
- Board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, a Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Certified by Cultural Intellegence Center
- Piano Performer's Certificate by Trinity College, London